HEIA(Q) 2017 State conference: Home Economics! Action! Futures!
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Brisbane on Saturday 12 August 2017
About the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC)
- World-class venue over three levels
- Most awarded convention centre in Australia
- Located at the intersection of Merivale and Glenelg Streets, South Brisbane
- Situated at South Bank, the heart of Brisbane, in a unique riverside cultural and entertainment precinct—home to Australia’s newest and most celebrated Gallery of Modern Art
- Short walk from Brisbane CBD
- Access to the conference rooms includes stairs, escalators and lifts
This was the ninth consecutive year that HEIA(Q) has chosen to hold its conference at BCEC—it is perfect for us:
- Very accessible, with the train, bus and ferry arriving almost at the doorstep
- Street parking or under cover parking at the venue—approximately $28 per day (see http://www.bcec.com.au/car-parking for further information).
- Airtrain directly from the airport to nearby South Bank station for just $21.50
- Ample space for the 300 or so delegates that are expected
- Sit-down lunch—no more trying to balance a handbag, conference bag, plate and drink as people edge past you
- Plenty of nearby accommodation—hotels or apartments in the South Bank area, or city hotels a stroll across the bridge
The conference was held on the Mezzanine and Plaza levels, accessible from the main foyer.
The map below shows what is within a 10-minute walk of BCEC.
Hotel 5 Minute walk
Conference management enquiries:
T: +61 7 3848 2100
M: PO Box 351, Hamilton Central QLD 4007 Australia