HEIA(Q) 2017 State conference: Home Economics! Action! Futures!
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Brisbane on Saturday 12 August 2017
About the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC)
- World-class venue over three levels
- Most awarded convention centre in Australia
- Located at the intersection of Merivale and Glenelg Streets, South Brisbane
- Situated at South Bank, the heart of Brisbane, in a unique riverside cultural and entertainment precinct—home to Australia’s newest and most celebrated Gallery of Modern Art
- Short walk from Brisbane CBD
- Access to the conference rooms includes stairs, escalators and lifts
This is now the ninth consecutive year that HEIA(Q) has chosen to hold its conference at BCEC—it is perfect for us:
- Very accessible, with the train, bus and ferry arriving almost at the doorstep
- Street parking or under cover parking at the venue—approximately $28 per day (see http://www.bcec.com.au/car-parking for further information).
- Airtrain directly from the airport to nearby South Bank station for just $21.50
- Ample space for the 300 or so delegates that are expected
- Sit-down lunch—no more trying to balance a handbag, conference bag, plate and drink as people edge past you
- Plenty of nearby accommodation—hotels or apartments in the South Bank area, or city hotels a stroll across the bridge
The conference will be held on the Mezzanine and Plaza levels, accessible from the main foyer.
The map below shows what is within a 10-minute walk of BCEC.
Hotel 5 Minute walk
Conference management enquiries:
T: +61 7 3848 2100
M: PO Box 351, Hamilton Central QLD 4007 Australia